[Weary bullpucky] Re: Re[2]: Same ol' message from Sloetoe... Re: Re[4]: [at-l] It is immoral

--- Bob Cummings <ellen@clinic.net> wrote:
> The trail is a better trail than it was 25 years ago because someone did
> these boring things.
### I did the trail 22 years ago, Weary, hitching out of Baxter 22 years
ago this morning. Since that time, much of the contact with rural life
(which IS Appalachia) has been *excised* from the route. That sucks. Since
22 years ago, much of what was excised has been replaced with p.u.d.s so
that 'dayhikers who want a workout' (paraphrasing you) can get one. As a
fellow trail builder, that sucks, too.

> We will have a worse trail with fewer woods from which to escape boring
> things in 25 years if someone doesn't continue to do these boring
things.
### No doubt. And this explains the continuing efforts of those on this
list. (Sorry that we don't use the trumpets more, to announce such things,
but if you'd switch off "transmit" occasionally, you'd "receive" a lot
more.)

> But my message to those who choose not to help remains the same. Just
> hit the delete key.
### There is one person who chooses not to help (Mr. Fuller), and he does
so (rather eloquently) on moral grounds. Don't write to him anymore.

> My message is really quite simple.
### So's mine: you're preaching to the choir, and they want you to quit.
You are NOT converting anybody from the ranks of the converted. You've
been asked nicely to stop; you've been asked harshly; you've been asked
succinctly; you've been asked expansively. What might it take? (Or are
you, as JimO wonders, simply an obnoxious bore?)

> Again, anyone with evidence to the contrary, please let me know.
### Turn off "transmit", and the evidence will come.*

Sloetoe
             *not that it's our responsibility in the first place, though.

=====
Spatior, Nitor, Nitor, In Nitor!