Same ol' message from Sloetoe... Re: Re[4]: [at-l] It is immoral

I don't think regular at-l-ers are going to read anything new below.... do
<delete> with my blessing.....

--- Bob Cummings <ellen@clinic.net> wrote:
> "...it'd be a change of course in how you intercourse with this list."
> says sloetoe.
> I find Slowtoe's meaning a little obscure,...

> ... I have the time, inclination and ability to respond from time to
> time only as I sense something should be said that isn't being said.

### OK, here's the thumbnail:

You're preaching to the choir; the choir's done an'tol'yah that they don'
need it.

### That's it. The whole message. The past MONTHS in a nutshell. If you
(or anybody) want to call the AT/related subjects important, we're WITH
you, but
A) We don't NEED to be bitched at, and
B) We don't WANT to be bitched at. And what's more:
C) We want a respite from the storm that is our lives -- a refuge. That
refuge IS the at-l, and you insult (nay, violate!) that refuge by
preaching rightiously to them as have already been converted. Stop it! Or
at least
D) Ask yourself how many converts you make from the ranks of at-l -- how
many people you energize to write letters, motivate to research/email the
right contacts, or otherwise move to action, of those who read your
continuing (direct) insults or (indirect) *minimizations* of this
cyber-community? Answer that question BEFORE you hit <send> on your next
post.
Ye have met the enemy, Weary, and the enemy is... you.

Let's recap:
You're preachin' to the choir. Stop.

Sloetoe
(Yes, back "on list", if not 100%.)