Re[2]: [at-l] It is immoral

"...I wouldn't have done that ......since a person could make the same case
about you and R &R
double team them, tie them up, eat up their time," says Kahley.

Ah, but Kahley, I have no double team. Just me. Trying from time to time to do useful things in
these remaining years.

I returned about midnite, last night, from a 250 mile round trip (I'm quite healthy but my night
vision is getting marginal) to say a few words at a hearing against building a 200-foot wide
swath of devastation through some of the prettiest river and lake country and the wildest rivers remaining in the east.

The developers, a Canadian power company that wants to exploit the suddenly profitable wholesale
electricity market in this country, would devastate another strip of Maine, even though a
perfectly acceptable, albeit, a slightly more expensive alternative and already damaged strip exists.

The issue: Should a foreign developer maximize damage to Maine in order to maximize the developers
profits in sales to Boston, New York and Philadelphia and other points south.

Only 20 of us showed up to speak on behalf of preserving the wildlands, just as only 2 or 3 of us attempt to
get the AT List to think from time to time about matters more important then a friendly smashmellow feast among the
hugs and kisses.

The regulatory board didn't welcome my intrusion especially, either. They are faced with a dilemma.
They know what they should do. They also know that to do so, will alienate the political forces that
appointed them to their very powerful positions.

I make no apologies -- especially today -- for attempting to intrude some rational discussion into
these important matters.

Weary