[at-l] warm and fuzzy

hello hikers!
 =20
thanks to all of you who wrote me a welcome message. =20
 =20
no, i'm really not looking to be talked out of a thru-hike, and i'm not l=
ooking to be talked into it, either. the thing is, i'm impulsive, and ten=
d to shut out the "might happens" when i do things, and often that throws=
 me into a situation i would rather not be in, and wouldn't have been in =
if i had only know what it would be like.
 =20
well, for obvious reasons, i don't want to be so impulsive on a decision =
of this magnitude! =20
 =20
i think i'll have no trouble making my decision, because i know i wouldn'=
t be able to do the hike for a couple of years for financial reasons. (fi=
rst, reporters/editors make SQUAT! especially out in the country! from wh=
at it sounds like, many of you know that. also, weddings are damn expensi=
ve, and we're closing on our house on wednesday, so we're pretty poor rig=
ht now! definitely can't afford all the hiking gear. too bad we registere=
d for all the standard HEAVY camping stuff for our wedding! =3D) )
 =20
so, i plan to spend this time learning as much as i can. guess i'm in the=
 right profession--i'm good at research! =3D)
 =20
um, also, sorry about asking so many questions and not knowing a bit abou=
t Tolkien or LOTR. i'm sure i'll know more about it as i read more on thi=
s list. the question thing i guess you'll just have to live with.
 =20
whoever sent me the info on how to get to the trail near katahdin, thank =
you SO much! i'm very appreciative, and--weather permitting--my plan is t=
o have a bottle of wine in the old backpack and give the new hubby a roma=
ntic introduction to the at, so much that he'll be immediately wanting to=
 thru-hike it! ;) conniving? no, i just think he'd appreciate it. we've g=
one on short day hikes of the northcountry trail across the upper peninsu=
la of michigan and loved it, although i think our longest day trek was so=
mething around 10 miles on relatively level ground. i've not even ever se=
en a mountain! the only hardship that day was the infestation of infamous=
 biting northern michigan black flies.
 =20
but we've discovered pure lemongrass oil works amazingly well for mosquit=
oes and blackflies, and it only takes a couple of drops to scent your exp=
osed skin. they'll still swarm you to the point of insanity, but usually =
won't bite.
 =20
as for smashmallows, golden, white, black, brown--it's just like people. =
i like them all.
 =20
as long as they don't have chocolate on them. imagine that. a female that=
 hates chocolate (except cocoa and the occasional cupcake during a certai=
n week of the month)
 =20
i'm not easily offended at all, so don't worry about that, and i'mrather =
un-shy and blunt, so if it bothers anyone, just let me know!
 =20
later all, and thanks again for the warm welcome
--stargazerGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://ex=
plorer.msn.com

multipart/alternative
  text/html