[at-l] Silk versus cotton?

At 09:13 PM 9/3/01 -0500, Dave Hicks wrote:

>K7
>
>It could be no more than the flap/cling factor.

Might be..the silk shirt is larger

>It might also be a movement factor.

Nope.  In both instances I was doing the same behavior involving total
submersion
for 3 minutes followed by exposure to air for 5 mins and repeat repeat
repeat and then
a 5 min sit down break.  I perceived no difference while in the water, only
when out
of the water.
(I'm restoring a beach and it takes me about 3 mins to dig a bucket of gravel
and about 5 mins to carry it from the bar to the beach, dump it, distribute
it and
"water" it in.)

>Questions:
>
>What was the wind like?

On the day I tried the test it was not really an issue...pretty calm

>What is the relative tightness of the weaves cotton
>vs. silk?

This_is_a factor and I am currently going thru all my clothes to find a cotton
tee of the same approx density and weight and size as the silk shirt to use
in further testing.  I'm pretty sure I can match the silk shirt in question and
another silk shirt i have with cotton of like values.  (I have tooo many
clothes)
Tomorrow will be mid 70's with some wind and some sun and I'll try them all
and see what happens.

multipart/mixed
---