[at-l] Silk versus cotton?

K7

It could be no more than the flap/cling factor.

It might also be a movement factor.  I have been in wet clothes as the sun
went down, or behind a cloud, and the air cooled.  If I sat still, the cloth
that had been next to my skin for some time was reasonable, but when I
moved, the part that had been away from my skin was very uncomfortable.

Questions:

What was the wind like?  What is the relative tightness of the weaves cotton
vs. silk?

I'm fishing here.  However, cotton absolves water and the threat swells
closing the weave.

If (and again I am fishing here):

1 -- the cotton hung away from your body and blocked a light wind

and

2 -- the silk hugged you, especially if different parts touched you and
pulled away and then another piece touched you

then

I can see the cotton creating a dead zone of air that acted as an insulation
trapping the air that your body had warmed near you and keeping the cooler
air away -- also the refrigeration effect of the water evaporating from the
shirt, itself, would be away from your body -- whereas the air next to your
body would be super saturated and you would not be having evaporation
cooling on your skin.

OTOH -- a lighter silk w/ a more open weave might be not only touching you
more, but allowing more evaporation at the skin level.

Chainsaw