[at-l] New Gear

Hey,

	I bivi'ed for 18 years. Of the three bivi's I owned I liked the OR
Advanced least of all. I have one in new condition for sale, make an
offer. Since the Sleep Inn is no longer available, my Bibler camo bivi
is my next Bivi choice. Since my Nomad is lighter than the Bibler I have
been using the comfort of a tent for several years now.
	I use a stove made from  Fosters beer cans and perlite. Some 1/16"
stainless steel mesh for the pot holder. Its lighter and works better
than the Esbit stove and will burn Esbit, rubbing or denatured alcohol,
just in case you run out of Esbit. I even cooked a meal on a twig fire
in it once. For a wind screen I purchase a pack of those throw away
backing pans made out of heavy aluminum, but not nearly as heavy as an
MSR wind screen. From these pans I cut/fold a custom wind screen for my
stove/pot/ pot handle. .9 L titanium pot cause I like the shape of it.
For a thru hike Id consider the next size larger pot 1.3L.
	I have had great success with the Safe Water inline filter 3oz. My
first one lasted around 1000 miles. You can filter on the go using your
drink hose. Or you can hang up your water bag and quickly filter water
by gravity for cooking or drinking.
	Personally I prefer a full length pad. The ridgerest in warm weather
and super ridge or two pads in winter, usually a ridgrest and a blue
foam which is wider than the ridgerest.
	I currently use a Kelty Tempest pack 2# 12oz. Probably too small for
most folks. I kinda like the looks of those Kelty Flight too. There is a
lot of stuff that can be striped to reduce the 4# weight with all
accesorys. And it is a gigantic pack.
	I use a FF humming Bird sleeping bag. With the options I added it
weighs 2# 2oz. It is way hot for anything except a blanket till temps
drop into the 40's. I would like something lighter for mild season use.

Well thats what Im using.

chase