[at-l] Trail Maintenance-Not AT Specific

In a message dated 8/27/2001 11:32:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
m_factor@hotmail.com writes:

> I can certainly understand about using caution when using creosote covered
> wood.  I'm wondering why pressure treated wood might be considered worse
> than railroad ties for bog bridges.  Are they infused with chemicals that
> can leach into the bogs?  More chemicals?  Different chemicals?  Easier
> leaching?  ?????

Pressure treated wood contains Arsenic.

Consumers this fall should start seeing warning labels about the 22 percent
arsenic found in a wood preservative used in nearly all the treated lumber in
the United States.

Wildbill

multipart/alternative
  text/html