[at-l] Trail Maintenance-Not AT Specific

Hmm...  showing my ignorance here...

I was part of an ATC/DOC/AMC group that installed a bunch of bog bridges in
VT this spring.  We used pressure treated wood (no creosote).  We used
pressure treated because untreated wood rots very quickly in boggy areas.

I can certainly understand about using caution when using creosote covered
wood.  I'm wondering why pressure treated wood might be considered worse
than railroad ties for bog bridges.  Are they infused with chemicals that
can leach into the bogs?  More chemicals?  Different chemicals?  Easier
leaching?  ?????

Inquiring, ignorant, and curious minds want to know...  :-)

Thanks,

Mara
Stitches, GAME99

P.S.  I just ordered that trail maintenance notebook but it'll take a few
weeks 'til I get it...  Maybe THEN, I'll have all the answers...

  ;-)