[at-l] lister mini-bios

My name is Charles Copeland.  I'm a Computer Engineering graduate from
Auburn, Alabama and have been living in Georgia for almost 20 years.  I'm
42, married to Frances (who I've gotten up to 5 mile hikes) and have two
sons, Charles (12) and Paul (10).  They *love* to hike!  I enjoy photography
and have taken hundreds of pictures of the AT, BMT, and other wilderness
trails in Georgia and NC.  I started taking pictures when I was a Scout and
have never quit although (as Saunterer can attest :-) ) I'm still learning.

I also coach kids baseball, soccer, and basketball and at one time played
MSBL baseball.  I was a (scrub) sprinter at Auburn and occasionally still
run.  I love to read but have never read LOTR.  I usually spent my class
time in high school reading books like "I Robot", "Dune", "The Martian
Chronicles" and anything by John Le Carre or Alistair Maclean.
Unfortunately, the last fiction book I read was Patriot Games and that seems
like a billion years ago.  I am now doomed to mostly read really exciting
keep-you-awake-at-night nail-biters like "DirectX 3D Graphics Programming"
and 'Java Servlets" and "JSP".  Yawn.... zzzzzzz....

Up until last week I was CTO of SafeDepositBox.com, Inc., a struggling
dot-com startup.  Now I'm back to being the sole employee of Useful
Software, Inc.  I write software and have been writing software for as long
as I can remember.  I also like to write songs and stories but I'm not
quitting my day job to pursue those interests!  Right now I'm considering
fullfilling my 2001 goal to hike all of Georgia in one hike - maybe next
month... and getting a program ready for a demo on Monday.

I've been on this list for a little over a year.  I joined after I hiked
from Springer to Three Forks via the BMT and AT with my son and his Scout
Troop.  The hike resurrected long lost memories of my Scout days when I
loved to hike anywhere I could - including the AT.   I'm an Ass't
Scoutmaster and get to lead our Troop on hikes (Jacks River in the Cohutta
Wilderness was last weekend - it can be reached from Springer via the BMT)
and I'm the Quartermaster so I also deal with the equipment.  This list has
been great for recommending hike locations and good equipment (thanks
everyone!) and providing some quite entertaining posts.  I've also "met" a
lot of people that I really *do* want to meet someday.