[at-l] Pickle's Bio

Given Name: S. Schuyler Stultz

Trail Name: Pickle (formerly Waterboy)

Other Names I answer to:  Stuey (the S. is for
Stuart...), Sky, Hey You, Dude!!!

Physical Age: 30

Mental Age: 12  (People are ALWAYS saying, "YOU'RE
30?!!?!?!   Holy Cow, I thought you were like 23...)

Current Residence: Falls Church, VA outside of DC

Hometown: Roanoke, VA

Occupation: Software developer for a computer crypto
company.

Schooling: VA Tech.  Go Hokies!!!!

Marital Status: separated (more in my AT section)

Reading habits:  LOTR at least once a year since I was
17.  Just finished Dune for the first time.  (If you
liked LOTR, check out Dune.)  Currently reading
Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  Recently read a
couple of Asimov Robot novels...

Hobbies: hiking, biking (considering doing the DCAIDS
Ride next year...), playing the guitar, brewing my own
beer, reading, strategy games

AT experience:  Started out day hiking Dragon's Tooth
and McAffee's Knob COUNTLESS times as a kid.  Started
backpacking in College along the AT between Pearsiburg
and Daleville, VA.  Attempted a thru hike last year.
Made it to Harper's Ferry where my wife decided to let
me know she didn't love me anymore.  I hiked 4 more
days to Caledonia State Park and hitched home to try
and patch things up.  (Wasn't successful.  sigh.)
Hope to either finish my thru hike or start all over
again on Springer in another year or so.  (With no
support person at home to pay bills, I gotta pay back
all of my debt first...)  Pulled 2 separate 1 week
tours of duty on Konnarock Trail Crew, and have met
them one other weekend.  uhhhh  Haven't done much
maintaining wise since I moved to NoVA. :-(

Favorite Soft Drink: Dr Pepper or a good Pink Lemonade
Favorite Hard Drink: Can't beat a pint of cold draft
Guinness.  Some of my own beers have come close, but
still fall short.  Not too much of a liquor fan.  (Too
much in High School/College I guess...)  Some sweeter
wines are ok.  (Gewurtraminer is my current
favorite...)

=====
--
Schuyler Stultz