[at-l] Pickle dehydrating was: Re: Trail Use

In a message dated 8/13/01 9:00:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time, kahley7@ptd.net
writes:

> BTW.....pickles.  Never dried home made ones.  Really tiny gerkins
> are OK but bread and butter slices are excellent.  As to a recipe,
> I just put them in the dehydrator till them "seem dry enough" .
> They do take a good half day soak to plump up but well worth carrying
> the approx 1/2 tsp per slice to rehyd them IMO

I read this and now think maybe the dill relish would rehydrate quicker, but
still have the same "bright" taste. I have never been able to find it in
single serving packages. Kahley, is this a highly odoriferous project?  I
stll won't dehydrate tuna cuz it stinks so much. Of course, I think fresh
tuna stinks :)

POG

multipart/alternative
  text/html