[at-l] ummm

CJ,
I haven't polled the list so I'll just comment on the "evidence"  I am late
40's, Weary claims 6 decades of experience, some others drop hints between
mid 20's to late 50's, and we have a (rare?) few under 20.  Most of the
time age doesn't matter.  Collectively we probably total a few centuries of
experience in backpacking.  I started with the thankfully long "forgotten"
Trapper Nelson pack frame, I ditched it before the trip was over and
settled into a rucksack.  The occupational base covers a wide span, PHD's,
MD's, Teachers, office personnel, truck drivers and I think factory workers
and lawn care professionals.  Educationally Grad. school plus to High
School plus and I am quite sure some students in High School and possibly
younger.  THE COMMON DENOMINATOR is the love of the outdoors and leaning to
the Appalachian Trail.  The opinions expressed are as varied as the people.
The tact levels vary as much as the people.  In short WE LOVE
HIKING/BACKPACKING and use this list to keep in touch with others who love
the same.  Some times the "conversation" gets a little heated.  I have a
trash file with my E-mail program and use it freely.  Hang in here the
conversation moves around a lot.  Just like any other large extended family.

Black Wolfe

You can pick your nose.  You can pick your friends.  But don't you dare
pick your friends nose.