[at-l] The "Right" to Solitude (was: ATC ad policy)

In a message dated 8/8/2001 6:28:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
yumitori@montana.com writes:

> As for mountain bikers, my experiences
> have been that the vast majority are aware and considerate of other
> users. Certainly, there have been a couple of jerks, but then every
> group has to contend with a few of those among their number.

The only mountain bikers I've contended with have been on hiker or
hiker/horses trail only.  You'd think these people were complete morons when
told the trail is off limits to bikes.  "Geeze, I didn't know that!"  Don't
they stop and read the regulations at the trailheads?  Generally all the
trailheads where I've seen mountain bikers on have been where signs are
clearly posted.

You don't know how many times I was tempted to throw my Leki into a wheel.

"Passing on the right" ,  "Up yours!"

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html