[at-l] Skeeter notes

Arrived here in Durango yesterday morning, after getting monsooned on again=20
the night before. Since I camped at the height of land it was almost all=20
downhill to get to town, I don't remember how many thousands of feet down,=20
but it was nice easy hiking.

It's amazing what a hot shower and clean laundry can do for you, and the=20
knowlege that you don't have to spend another night in the rain...

I can't complain about hitching in Colorado anymore. You do all that hiking=20
and they don't even have a sign denoting the southern terminus of the trail,=
=20
but I asked a woman exercising her dog to take my picture next to the San=20
Juan National Forest sign, and got offered a ride to town, saved me from=20
walking on 3.5 miles of blacktop.
I made a promise to my body that it was going to get a treat here in town, s=
o=20
I got out to Trimble Hot Springs last night and soaked, and then got a=20
massage. My muscles are still smiling <vbg>.

Then down to Gazpaucho's for dinner, a big Mexican meal to make up for all=20
that trail pasta, and a couple of margaritas. Nice to have a full stomach=20
again....
Kind of quiet today. A little later I'm going on a two hour inflatable kayak=
=20
trip. Tomorrow I'll rent a car and drive out to see Mesa Verde... other than=
=20
that I'm just going to hang out and enjoy life for a while....
=A0
Peace, Mark

multipart/alternative
  text/html