[at-l] You guys are so wonderful.......

 You know those wonderful moments in life when everything just comes
together in your mind,I guess you could call them moments of clarity? Well,
I guess thats what I had. Yesterday, the idea of a thru hike on the
Appalachian trail was just this awesome idea, a pipe dream of sorts. But you
guys are so encouraging, especially Lamar, and so inspiring, I just decided
that this is no longer an idea for me, its something I have to do. You know
that old quote about it being the things in life you dont do that you will
always regret? I think I would regret not atleast giving this my best
attempt. Your advice and answers to my questions were so appreciated. And
yes, datto, I have lots more questions. Where are the best places to diverge
from the trail/side trips not to be missed? Is it best to stay in shelters
or set up camp most nights? How much will I spend on gear? Other than good
boots, what else is absolutely essential? What important questions am I not
asking? Everyone, Paul, orange Bug, carol, lamar, and everyone who answered
me, you were such a big help. I feel so uneducated. (And orange bug, by
uneducated, I mean realllly uneducated) I am young and healthy, But besides
being from Alaska and knowing what its like to camp and hike in the cold
country on day hikes, I know very little. I will check out all the sites you
guys mentioned. Thanks so much. Love, Joni

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/