[at-l] I appreciate any and all advice....:)

Joni,
You should start with the Applachian Trail Conference's Thru-hiking pages.
<  http://www.appalachiantrail.org/hike/thru_hike/index.html  > This will
answer a lot of your questions.

How much money do you need. This all depends. At the min you should plan on
one dollar a mile, but two would be better.

Most start around April 15.

Wildbill

In a message dated 7/25/2001 11:08:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
LaRue816@excite.com writes:

> My name is Joni and I am completely uneducated about what it takes to be a
> thru hiker. But I do know that the more I learn about the Applachian trail,
> the more my heart yearns to be on it. I've just been kind of listening in on
>
> you guys for a few weeks. I need to know some really basic stuff though,
> like, how much money should I save? What kind of physical conditioning do I
> need to be doing? What month should I start in? I was hoping to be able to

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---