[at-l] PA Ruck publicity

In a message dated 7/23/01 4:56:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time, kahley7@ptd.net
writes:

<< And there was another guy, and I can't remember his name, but he just
found us and showed up.  It was funny....I met him in the parking lot and
proceeded to
 tell him how to register at the hostel or the campground.  He stammered
around
 until he finally got it out that he was saving all his bucks for his thru
 and he was hoping to join the parking lot people!  He's still on the Trail >>

That was Michael, now known as Mars.  He spent quite a bit of time with us at
Trail Days.  I also saw him in Erwin when he came thru.  He said the Ruck was
a great thing for him, as it was his first chance to meet thru hikers and ask
questions and get answers and ideas and some excellent advice.  I'm sure he'd
still be doing great on his thru without having attended - but it's also nice
that he feels that a lot of the things he learned at the Ruck helped make his
thru a better one, a more informed one.

The Redhead