[at-l] Another awful Colorado backpacking trip. :-)

Yeah...right! :)

Went to the Indian peaks this past weekend for a quick
overnighter. Only hiked in a mile or so to camp by the
Rainbow Lakes (to this native New Englander these so
called lakes look like ponds! :) ), set up camp, and
did some day hikes to the Arapahoe glacier trail,
where had some great views of the divide and well,
some glaciers! Not much backpacking, but plenty of
hiking.  My friend did some flyfishing by the lakes,
and caught some branches...but no fish.  What I liked
about this trip was there was no one else in the area
backpacking according to the rangers. Very quiet and
peaceful.  Also, the trail head was less than an hours
drive from Boulder. Nice!

After I develop this roll of film, will scan in some
photos and post them. Get to see what hiking is out
like past the Missisippi.

Mags

=====