Fwd: [at-l] Re: ATML Sunscreen?

--- Jim and/or Ginny Owen <spiriteagle99@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> the AT.  That may have been a mistake because unlike
> Mags who apparently  > burns and tans, I burn and
peel - and I ended up

Luckily, I turn a nice shade of brown. Thank some
distant ancestor.. :-)

> I wore a standard military boonie hat on the CDT -
> and it worked fairly well  > -- until we were in New
Mexico (in > October/November).

Rather than a military style boonie hat, I wear one
that is about twice as wide. Tends to shade the face
better. Also doubles as a rain hat.

> if you're gonna hike high altitude trails, carry the
> sun screen (and USE IT)
> and a wide brimmed hat.

Or, if you are like me and tend to sweat, a light long
sleeve shirt and long pants also helps.  I know we all
say "cotton kills" but for desert hiking and warm, dry
high altitude hiking, a long sleeve cotton shirt does
wonders for protection.

=====