[at-l] Large cat behavior (was Bear Phobia)

You might want to check out

http://members.tripod.com/~pudang/

and then click on Physiology.

Among other things, this site states "Domestic cats purr when breathing in
and out; tigers purr only when breathing out due to their larger nasal
morphology."

This was consistant with what we heard.

My experience was midday when tigers, not leopards are active.

As for making this AT related...  Would a tiger in the shelter keep the mice
away?  ;-)  Are pet tigers allowed on the trail (except in certain parks, of
course)?

Mara
Stitches, GAME99

P.S.  The only cobras I saw were being "charmed" in Kathmandu.  They looked
thoroughly bored and didn't seem to be paying any attention to the charmers.
  Oh well.  The rattlers on the AT concerned me more.