[at-l] To change the subject... The Half Gallon Club.

I think the whole half gallon ice cream tradition started with the first
Warren Doyle "Expedition" in 1975.  In 1977, several hikers attempted to eat
a half gallon in Damascus, some succeeded and some got sick.  I've got some
ancient slides that show hikers struggling to overcome a half gallon of ice
cream.

I do not know when this custom became common place at the half way point at
Pine Grove Furnace.  The ALDHA Companion and that other book didn't exist in
the 70's.  Times were tough back then.

Cin

multipart/alternative
  text/html