[at-l] 'nother trip report..

Yep, life sure is hard living at the edge of the Rockies.   All this hiking
and biking..oh my!

Anyway, this past  Friday I did a short hike with Cool Breeze. Many of you
may know him. Very active hiker and trail worker. He is at just about every
gathering, has hiked the AT three times..etc..etc.  Makes Lafayette, CO his
base of operations for the summer while visiting a friend.  He is doing a
section of the CDT starting tommorow (Monday).  Good hike in the local
mountain park as we chit chatted away.

In 'it is a small world category' I bumped into him twice on my thru-hike as
he was going his flip-flop thru-hike.  That year he got off the trail for a
few days to attend a wedding in Conn.  At the table during the  reception he
mentioned he was hiking the AT. One of the other  guests said "Hey..I have a
friend at work whose son is hiking the AT".  Guess who the friend was...and
who the son was? :-)

Today, did a hike at one of my favorite peaks, Mt. Audobon in the Indian
Peaks.  A little over 13k, it gives an impressive view of Longs Peak, the
Continental Divide and the neighboring Indian Peaks.  Plenty of wildflowers
on the way up.  One of my new housemates is from Florida and has NEVER
climbed a mountain (has only been in Colorado since February) so I was able
to play mountain guide today. I love taking out people for their first
hikes.  To see the look on her face as we approached a pass was quite
something. Another convert to hiking? :-)   Typical Colorado day..sunny with
a brief afternoon thunderstorm (when we were BELOW treeline!!!)  I am
getting quite spoiled with all this great hiking...

Mags

The true harvest of my life is intangible... a little star-dust caught, a
segment of the rainbow which I have clutched.
--Thoreau

NetZero Platinum
No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access
Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!