[at-l] Colorado Trip Report (long)

In a message dated 6/28/2001 2:25:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
paulmags@netzero.net writes:

> Further down  the trail, bumped into a
> church group from Texas out for a few days. Uh oh!  Dressed head to toe in
> cotton on a cold, rainy and windy day, packs that were way too heavy, and
> coming from barely above sea level to hike to 11500 feet w/o acclimating
> (they drove from Texas only the day before)  is a recipe for a miserable
> hike. All I could think was that several of these kids will never want to
> see a backpack again.

Thank God!  Nooooo, I didn't mean it that way.  ; )

You have to have faith.  How else could you have a blessed time, scramble a
14,000 footer, not to mention bump into a cute blonde, ranger slash
trailmaintainer?

I think you're absolutely going to love the PCT, as long as you don't get
spoiled by the Rockies in the meantime.

By the way, did you do a loop or a section between trailheads?  CT, CDT or
other trail(s), and how was the navigation?  What did you cook on?

Curious mind, wants to know.

Thanks, Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html