[at-l] Pinnacccles of Dan and other history

NO that is the wrong dam.

	The trail to the Pinnacles of Dan ran from Meadows of Dan area, through
the Pinnacles, then through the lovers leap area (highway 58) and along
to where the Blue Ridge Parkway is now, towards Roanoke, VA. This is
actually in the RATC section. NBATC sometimes does a hike there,
sometimes with RATC.
	The wooden pipe is maybe 6 feet in diameter (warning from memory) that
runs from one of the dams for more than a mile along the canyon wall.
One place it crosses on a trestle high above the river. YOu can walk to
this area, even cross the trestle if you dare!
	The Lynchburg Reservoir is in the NBATC 88 mile section. The AT is
being relocated off the Lynchburg property that contains a foot bridge
in a deterioting condition. The bridge crosses the outflow and is just
below the dam.
	I will keep an eye on the RATC and NBATC news letters. I will announce
the date when a Hike is planned there. Tomorrow NBATC hikes the Piney
Ridge trail to the AT. This is one of my favorite areas. You can make a
great loop back across the Foot Bridge over the James River.

chase