[at-l] Surrender

I surrender.  No, I'm not convinced by R&R , just tired of a conversation
that is going only one way.  I've been in the human services field for 26+
years and one of the things you are taught in this work is listening skills
or in the case of written correspondence reading skills.  In both cases it
means that you make a concerted effort to hear and understand what the
other person is really trying to say.  It involves asking relevant
questions to clarify your understanding.  You can't carry on a meaningful
discussion if you don't understand what the other guy is really saying.

I've read thoroughly *all* of R&R's posts on traditionalism.  I've also
tried to be clear so he would understand me as well.  I am forced to
conclude that although I'm listening he isn't.  He responds to segments of
posts out of context and in a manner that clearly indicate that he did not
have a clue what I was saying (or care?), he was merely looking for the
next opportunity to drive home another point from his preformed
ideology.  In other words, he doesn't want discussion, he wants a pulpit
from which to sermonize to the masses who dutifully listen and repent their
sins.   I refuse to play his game further.  It's a waste of my time.  Time
for the <DELETE> key.

Saunterer