[at-l] Gore Tex Boots

Last night was boot cleaning night.  saddle soap abound.   (water
proofing is tonight) I have several leather shoes/boots.  Some leather
only.  Some with Goretex.  My hiking boots have GT.  My work/hunting
boots don't.    Just what is the big deal with Goretex?  Is it really
worth it?  or does it shorten the usable life of the boot?  With a
leather only boot, if you keep it well cleaned and oiled, and,
waterproofed, and take care of it  ...  Can you get just as much
satisfaction out of it???

what'cha think?

t.