[at-l] Tornado coming

Absolutely incredible! You can not imagine the force
of the tornado that came through -- it blew past just
east of me on the other side of the river. Some guy
had a home video camera and got it on tape.

I hear the Kohl's Store down the road evidently got
hit pretty bad and the tornado flipped a couple dozen
cars over in front of the Best Buy store. The bricks
flying off the front of Kohl's trashed the cars in the
parking lot. Not a pretty scene. I saw a guy at the
gym where I live who said it took him over two hours
to get from Kohls to the gym because of the debris.

The guy with the video camera was standing in his
subdivision living room with the front door open and
the video camera sticking out the opening -- the
tornado came right at him through the subdivision --
blew mature trees completely flat as he filmed. Mud
flying at him, hitting the front of the camera,
hitting the front door, the guy gets jolted and
knocked around but keeps rolling. The tornado went
right through his neighbor's house across the street
and he still kept rolling as the tornado crossed the
street and went past his own house on the side and out
his nextdoor neighbor's back yard. When interviewed by
the on the spot news team, he said he kept filming
because he wanted to show the relatives out in
California what a tornado looked like. Whew boy you
have got to be one crazy nut to stand there holding a
video camera in the middle of all that.

Fortunately the Emergency Management people got the
tornado sirens working (the county had them installed
a few years ago but has been having some problems with
horns working over the years -- basically money for
maintenance out of the budget). Many people heard the
sirens and took cover.

The storm took the CBS station in town off the air for
a while but they're broadcasting the tornado tape
pretty consistently now.

Exciting evening here in little ol' Fort Wayne. I
suppose it'll be big news tomorrow morning in the
local newspapers. Still can't get over the magnatude
of force from that tornado.

Datto