[at-l] Appalachian Trail: The Quick Way

At 05:20 AM 5/23/01 -0700, Orange Bug wrote:
>By that logic, us Sectioners are having the best time of all.
>
>This comes up from time to time, with someone seeking a record of
>sorts. I

I've thought about this alot.  Not my cuppa either but I've come to believe
that the record isn't the only goal but the means by which the test is graded.
To run the trail is just as valid as my testing my metal by walking
it,  There have been mighty hikers, capable of 25-30 mile days who never
finished because.....dunno why for sure but boredom comes to mind since
they often fall out in PA.  If they were testing their metal, they failed.
I think anyone who does the whole trail has been tested and for me, that
will be a highly valued aspect.  So I respect those who are capable of
taking the
test faster than I.