[at-l] C*ll Phones

In a message dated 5/15/01 8:42:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time, landis@epix.net
writes:

<< I understand that the disciples of the Rev. Jerry, aka WF, (look it up)
 need to evangelize in order to curry his favor, but I find the pedantry
 a little tedious and the tactics impolite at best.

     Again, if anything is an offensive slam, it is this. Mine, at least, has
some intellectual subject matter.

     This is obviously a petty attempt to smear my topic with that other
site's reputation -which I find distasteful and disingenuous. Kind of strikes
me as a low blow. Here we go again! (I hope I don't get moderated for saying
this).

     I see it is now unnecessary to refer to the legitimacy of the subject
matter before commenting? My post says nothing different than other AT-L
posters on this subject. Please have the dignity to answer my points if you
wish to engage me at the level I intended...

    - Sorry to those turned off by people making it their business to
broadside my sincerely-felt AT posts. Me thinks it is the truth that gets
them, not the method...

     I hope it is not disallowed to mention that the "Rev", with all his
warts, has managed to preserve thousands of acres for the AT for
prosperity...