[at-l] cummulative elavation gain question

>>On my SOBO Thru-Hike I only seen no more then Five
>>other hikers between

I think in recent years, (as in after you did your
hike), the AT has become even more popular.  Again,
just based on what I've seen, a southbound hike can
have a grouping too. Granted, it is easier to find
solitude southbound.  I will also add I was one of the
first people to finish the year I did, so I did not
really have the chance to mix in with the northbound
"hordes".  In a way, it was a quasi southbound hike in
the amount of fellow hikers I saw. If there were four
thru-hikers in a trail town, it was a crowd. :-)

So, it goes to show, there may be rules of thumb for
thru-hiking, but they are only generalities that
should not be taken as gospel.

Mags

=====