[at-l] a sobo remembers.....the banker

--- Southwalker99 <southwalker99@alltel.net> wrote:
> I had breakfast at the DQ in Pearisburg, VA. ... ... After I
> finished my eggs I sat with my cup of coffee absorbing local color and
> not an insignificant amount of second-hand smoke. I was struck with an
> overwhelming desire for a cigarette.
>
> Finally I sat aloud, "Anybody want to sell me a cigarette for a
> quarter?"
> There was a pregnant pause while we studied each other. Finally the
> moment was saved when one of the casual dressers spoke up, "Go ahead and
> take the cigarette. He is a banker. He will give you the cigarette and
> charge you a quarter for the use of his lighter."
>
> Which is exactly what he did!
### Yet another great post from Southwalker.... but after reading it, I
had this trememdous desire for sex. I swear.

Sloetoe
(who did it once, right _on_ the AT. In Pennsylvania. In Michaux? Lots of
mosquitos, but luckily, they kept their distance. Generated some
heat/smoke that night.... and caught the ash in my hands.)