[at-l] does this happen to you?

Ken wonders outloud:
"I've been reading Spur's journal entries. I've been enjoying all of them but
I'm had a special tie
to the Georgia and Virginia ones so far. That's because I've been there. Now,
my big hike is about 6
weeks away and I sitll have not decided if I"ll skip over Va or not. There
are parts I'd love to see
again and parts that I could just as easily miss.

As I read Spur's journal I find myself thinking (after the inital "boy he
chews up miles") that I
remember that spot and what it was like. Then I think about visiting that
spot again even if it's
not one of the ones I consider my favroite. For example, I wonder if going
down Floyd Mtn. would be
as tiring as climbing up it was. Or would the trail around Garden Mtn. and
Brushy Mtn. bug me as
much as last time with those annoying rocky slabs and boulders. Of course,
the only way to know
would be to hike them again. Maybe I should stop reading the journal entries
then my problem would
be solved."

I think you've talked it through, Ken. As you said, 'the only way to know
would be to hike them again.' You'll know what to do when get there, I'm
sure. Have a great time!
OldMaster
oidmaster@aol.com

multipart/alternative