[at-l] Trailbed Grass Growth

In a message dated 4/21/01 2:05:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bullard@northnet.org writes:

<< The pole tips are aerating the soil. >>

    I disagree with this because I witnessed this phenomenon in 1986 when
Lekis had not even been invented.

    Soil disruption from boot treads creating a greater amount of nutrition
on the sides of the treadway where it is dispersed; higher water table from
the treadway being depressed providing better water supply (water flowing
along the ground will stop at the compacted dam of the trailbed and pool);
and a heat collector in the form of the exposed, flat compacted dirt in the
trailbed.

    Plants will thrive in spring if: watered, nourished, and warmed. They are
responding to this in this case.