[at-l] Against the Wind

A couple months ago, I fell and tore my AC.(Or was it AC/DC?...O' never
mind!) I've done the rehap thing and all it still hurts a bit. The doc
says I've got 80-90% back to normal as far as the muscle is concern but
still I'm concerned. They made pads (to fit under the pads of the
shoulder straps/pads) so I can go Backpacking but  that make me look
like a refuge from the NFL. No one knows "if" this thing will work or
not so I'm asking anyone out there if it sounds like it could work or
not? What happens if the hip belt slips and all the weight of the pack
goes on my shoulders. Is there anything that can worn to help the hip
belt from slipping?

Mother Natures Son