[at-l] China Debate (Hit Delete If You Are Not Interested)

At 03:33 AM 4/18/01 -0400, RoksnRoots@aol.com wrote:
>. . . BIG CLIP . . .
>    *** Just walk with the truth as your faith and your guide...

"What is truth? Is yours the same as mine?" Pontius Pilot

Truth: The US and China are not friends or enemies. They are mutually wary
and distrustful co-occupants of the planet Earth. Because of the mutual
distrust they closely watch and listen to what each other is doing.
Recently as a US "Spy" plane was flying legally through international air
space near China and listening to what ever they could pick up, a Chinese
pilot flew his jet through the prop circle of the US plane resulting in the
crash of the jet, the presumed death of the Chinese pilot and the emergency
landing of the US plane in Chinese territory.

Whether the Chinese pilot was being aggressive or friendly is conjecture.
He's not around to ask. Was it an accident? When I was in the Army there
was a decal on the dashboard of every vehicle that said (paraphrased, it
was a lot of years ago) 'There is no such thing as an accident. There are
only bad drivers.' So who was the bad pilot? That's what the diplomats are
arguing about and from the tone on the list I can state *truthfully* that
I'm glad that they didn't send members of this list (from either side of
the debate) to participate in the talks with the Chinese.

Saunterer