[at-l] Back to the Whites

Gary--
	I'd be wary of I-84 near the weekend.  It get's pretty slow
thru Danbury to Hartford.  I'd go on up I-87 to I-90 (Mass Pike) East
to I-91 then 91 up to St. Johnsbury to cut over to the Whites.   You
can also order a parking permit by mail and save the stop.

As always of course, you could take Mass Rt2 between 87 and 91 and
stop by Billsville any time for a snack or shower.

Also the schlep past Lake of the Crowds to Osgood is a significant
stretch and the last 5 miles (from Madison summit to Osgood) are
seriously and relentlessly down hill.  If you can't do Lakes, I'd
consider a descent to The Perch (about half way between Lakes and
Madison, but below tree line).  A PITA to go down that far, but
remember if you have good weather you are going to want to linger on
the trail, and if the weather sucks, you don't want to be stuck up
there for a 14 hr day.  Stitches or Mags could probably give you a
more accurate assessment, I haven't been that route in a while.

We're still on for May 4th?,

Cosmo

"There are three great times for thinking --
  On the john, in the shower, and while hiking.
  And the best of these is while hiking."
         --Colin Fletcher.