[at-l] Pole damage

In the Wanchor report the subject of trail dmamge from sticks came up
again.  I wonder if the spikes on the tips could actually do some good.
since most of the damage from hikers, as I understand it, is caused by
soil compaction, then the metal tips would chew up the compacted soil.
This of course assumes that the tips stay within the boundaries of the
trail.  having writen what goes against CW, I have surrounded my modem
with spare re-entry tiles from the space shuttle.

On another note:
I'm Free, I'm finally free... well almost.  I filed the last tax returns
at the post office at 9:30PM last night and now am trying to get rid of
all the projects (both in the office and at home) that were swept under
the rug during tax season.  Maybe in a couple of weeks, I can take a hike!

Rich