[at-l] Deal on Thorlos

kahley wrote: =20
>just wanted to share this contact.  I have ordered and received socks an=
d they
>are just fine.  Be sure you enquire about colors.  I didn't care that so=
me of them
>were red/pink.  This person lives near the outlet.
>
>LTH-11     $6.00/pr
>LTH-13     $6.50/Pr
>WLTH-11 Wool/Silk  $6.75/Pr
>
>Please email specific style for more quotes.   Thorlo.com has a great si=
te.>

I almost hate to start a "socks" thread - I lived through one of those on=
 another list that ran to 400 messages about how great Thorlos were. But =
I think this is an appropriate place to make some comments.  =20
We just got back from an overnite in the Shenandoah - beautiful weather, =
some really good climbs - and we got back to the truck about 30 seconds b=
efore the rain.  But each of us will get to retire a pair of socks.  Ginn=
y's Thorlos have about 500 miles on them.  My Ultimax socks were new when=
 we started the CDT almost two years ago - they've been used for about 60=
00 miles.  =20
On the AT I used Thorlos - and I've still got some of them. But they're i=
n one of the boxes that Kahley still has.  I don't miss them.  End of soc=
ks comments.  =20
We had a great weekend.  We walked through a lot of the burn area from la=
st year and while there are some bad spots, most of it will come back ove=
r the next couple years.  We also met a couple 2001 thruhikers - Mr Shoe =
and Doc Savage - as well as Backpacking Fool (98).  =20
Walk softly,
Jim<br clear=3Dall><hr>Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at <a href=3D=

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---