[at-l] 22 oz Integral Designs "George Tarp" (Sleeps 2-3)

Retro, floorless pyramid tent like the old expeditions. Advertised in April
'Outside' magazine:

$200 - This tarp is spacious and sleeps 2-3 persons. Weight: 1 lb. 6 oz.. 56!
square feet. Height: 84 inches. Ideal "big-top" for a single wanting tent
space at low weight. Floorless.

This cracks me up because looking at this in the magazine I see the what goes
around comes around. That is, that this is the exact same triangle center
pole design used by expeditions in the 1800's!

The design description reads:

Fashioned from ripstop, silicon-treated nylon parachute cloth, the George
tarp weighs only 1 lb, 6 oz, excluding the center pole. And because center
poles tend to be heavy, Integral Designs doesn't include one, recommending
that you tie the tent off to an overhanging branch or link together two
trekking poles instead. ...the George Tarp packs into a...11-by-5 inch
stuffsack. For clear but buggy overnights, a 4 oz no-see-um panel zips onto
the front. Take care while cooking breakfast, though: Silicon-treated nylon
ignites like napalm.

The space vs weight and high headroom makes this look worth thinking about
for the AT. Would love to hear feedback on this one! Wish I could scan a
photo.

They go up really fast! For goodness sakes, I'm over 6 foot tall and could
stand in this sucker! I don't have one myself though. My only question would
be lateral stability in high wind conditions (tapered pyramid sheds wind
stress)...