[at-l] really light sleeping bag

I was in my local outdoor store this morning, and saw a new Western
Mountaineering sleeping bag. It was rated to 40 degrees (F),
sewn-thru construction, 750-fill down, box-quilted, had a decent
hood, and weighed:

16 ounces.

Wow.

It was part of the Extreme Light series, but I forget the name of the
bag (incipient senility, which BTW would be a great name for a band.)
Anyway, for $220 (ouch!), this would knock two pounds out of my pack
for summer hiking.

I'm trying to plan a 10-day section this July. Now I just have to
find the cash as well as the time.

This bag didn't seem as rugged as the Iroquois, which has been the
gold standard for lightweight bags. But it's a pound lighter!

See ya.

Ken
Big Cranky