[at-l] Folding Packframe/Cot Pack Concept +

    yes, it would serve as the "H" part of the frame. And, no, it need not be
too heavy. The frame would be light -however, it is the needed padding to
make such a rigid design comfortable to carry that would probably bring it
into the "heavyweight" range.

    Length would not be the problem. Short lengths would not work because you
would be hanging off the end and uncomfortable. Width would be a problem. At
6' 2" I would need about 2+1/2 feet width to sleep comfortably. Length is
just a matter of raising the frame over your head a little more. If I had a
6'6" length cot I could fold it in half making a 3'3" frame minus 10" for the
bottom out-jutting support. That isn't prohibitively long.

    The telescoping part would probably have to be the width because 30" wide
is too wide to carry comfortably and would get in the way of arm swings. That
can't be too difficult an engineering task tough. The bottom part would stick
out 10 inches to be the bottom shelf type support like an "L" shape.

     Neat concept and one that would facilitate tarping and lightweight other
gear because it would eliminate the need for a floor. A bug net could also be
attached around to create a bug hut using the cot as the base. Less hunting
for dry sites too. I see potential.

multipart/mixed
  message/rfc822
---