[at-l] Low Gap(TN) Safety & Grocery availability?

In a message dated 4/3/2001 11:11:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
discndog@bellsouth.net writes:

> I've read some warnings about the Low Gap area as far as hiker safety. What
> is
> the situation there right now (April 2001) for solo hikers hoping to hitch
> into
> town for re-supply and maybe a couple of cold beers?

I know there are a lot of Low Gaps on the trail, but I don't recall one in TN
(or anywhere else) on a road where you could hitch to get to a town.  Which
town?

If you don't think it's safe or prudent to hitch you may be better off
waiting for a day hiker at the trailhead and asking for a ride into town or
walking.

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html