[at-l] Down Wash & Down Proofing

<<The current discussion revolves around whether or not waterproofing down
will
in all actuality do more damage to the down than good by holding in any
body
moisture.>>

I washed my North Face down bag in this stuff ONCE and would never do it
again.  As you said, it held in all of my body moisture and I would wake up
in the morning all wet from my own body 'vapor' in the night.  For me it
wasn't worth keeping out the "potential" water, when it keep in all of the
"actual" sweat and breath (I like to tuck my face into my mummy bag when
it's cold and breathe the warm air).  Of course, YMMV.

Twilight