[at-l] Cam shots, etc.

To all of you who followed my saga of not being able to get a current
picture from Mt. Washington last week, I have finally received an answer to
my dilemma.

I get my internet service through the university where I work.  Their
explanation is as follows:

What is happening (in effect) is that our internet provider is trying to
speed up your internet experience by visiting a website once (or so) a day
and saving a copy of the content and pictures.  Then when any of the
subscribers who are serviced by the internet provider try to access the
content and pictures, the internet provider returns the copy that it has
saved.  Our internet provider has been experimenting with this technique,
but has been having some difficulties (as you've experienced).

So, this means that I can get one picture per day, and cannot get the
updated version every few minutes, like everyone else.

I know this isn't very trail related, but some of you who are not yet
members of Kelley Sue's RAS, and may be computer nerds, might like to know
the explanation.