[at-l] Well, that went really well....not!

Thanks to those who responded to my post about putting
my phone number and such out on the list.  I know it
is exactly what I always told my children NEVER to do.
But for some reason I feel pretty safe here.  I really
don't think tooo many weirdos hang out on this list...
well, there was that thing about the rope and canned
beans I never figured out...please, NO explanations!!

I had a real bummer of an encounter with my onetime
friend here in town. I felt that it would be the nice,
polite thing to do...just casually drop by, say hello,
and see if we could come to an agreement about how we
provide services to hikers.  WOW was I wrong!  I was
yelled at and called names and threatened for twenty
minutes.  He intends to make this some kind of a
pissing contest and mentioned the police, the IRS, the
state sales tax people and the humane society all in
one breath!  I have never felt like I was competition
to him or a threat to his livlihood in any way.  I
have felt that the past few years went pretty well and
that we made a good team "of sorts". He may make it
hard but I will not stop helping thru hikers just
because he doesn't like it.
He has such a sweet place there and almost everyone
has a great stay with him...it is the increasingly
frequent altercations with hikers, the embarrassing
public displays and the reputation he is getting; that
will hurt his "business". Not me and the dollar or two
donations I get for shuttling hikers around!
Sorry to vent on everyone but you guys are such good
listeners!  You just sit there and let me!

I am working on a signature line with phone numbers
and such and I will have some fun and very positive
things to talk about soon... Like the Thru Hiker
Easter Dinner coming up in just a few weeks.  It may
be tied with another exciting event to benefit hikers
in this area...stay tuned!

Miss Janet