[at-l] HYOH, clarified

At 06:53 PM 3/27/01 -0500, Ambler2000@aol.com wrote:

>I want this clarified.  To a lot of people, this means "I have the freedom to
>do whatever I want on the trail, regardless of who I annoy."

Well, it's a touchy topic.  Can't say that it gives you the right to
grossly impinge on others.  Example: carrying on and having a party frame
of mind in the shelters would be overboard.  But if you set up your bivy
off the trail by your lonesome somewhere, then if you smoked a joint or
made a c*** p**** call, then it's really your own business.

Lots of other things, like getting picked up by a limo at road-crossings at
the end of the day, or carrying a chainsaw or a tuba with you.  Or hiking
barefoot.  All are subjects of admiration or wonder and should be
acknowledged with an understated "Wow..."

The Wizard!  A gleam in his eye, a bounce in his step!