[at-l] Tray Gap Mini-Ruck and Hiker Feast...

I'll be at Tray Gap (mile 55.1 on the trail) on Friday, Saturday and
Sunday - April 13, 14,15.  Come and join me in the care and feeding of the
unwary thru-hikers.  There is ample room for autos and tents.  Bring food
for yourself, your cook kit, lots and lots of water, food/sodas/goodies for
hikers, trash bags, patio or folding chairs, and your camera.  If it is
raining, this place will be muddy...

Tray Gap is up a long winding forest service road (USFS 79) that begins on
GA 75.  Directions:  From Unicoi Gap, head off of the ridge on GA 75 towards
Hiawasse.  When the road levels off in the valley, turn right onto a
dirt/gravel road that immediately splits.  Take the righthand split past the
open gate.  Follow this road for 6 or so miles (take your time) until
reaching a juncture of forest roads.  This is Tray Gap, and the trail is
here.  There will be trash receptacles at the side of the road near the
trail.  Beside the trash cans is a little used road (path) that dead ends in
100 feet or so.  We'll be back there...

If coming from Hiawasse, you have gone too far when you begin climbing up to
the ridge on GA 75.  Turn around and follow the directions above...

I'll be there all day Friday and Saturday, staying overnight both nights,
and will be leaving Sunday morning for a long trip back to York PA...

pittsburgh