[at-l] Re: health care/insurance

At 02:10 PM 3/22/01 -0500, you wrote:
>"no joke,,,,,just a disagreement as to safety..
>If you have ever seen silnylon go swosh when it meets flame...
>some folks feel it's better to take a chance on being a molten nylon clad mess,
>rather than get your arms wet by setting your stove outside the vestibule.
>personal choice...ain't it grand?"

Dave I mentioned no names nor made judgement.  Celebrating personal choice, in fact.
Maybe I was a tad too dismissive, or did not appreciate the seriousness of the
argument, as I deleted all posts after I figured out what the battle was about.
Seemed like much ado over nothing since nothing that anyone said was likely
to change anyone's mind.  It takes no insight to know that doing as you did
was the lesser of two evils as you saw it.  Having not been there, there's no way for
me to evaluate it even if I wanted to.  But ya gotta accept that that as a rule, it's not a good
practice, especially for _normal_conditions or if it's, gasp, raining.  People take that chance
all the time.  Maybe I think it's a wack chance ....maybe I do it all the time.   But if I do,
I sign on to allllll the murphys and "oh shits" that could possibly bring flame and silnylon
together.   Ever have a dear run through your camp?  Heck I've been jumped by a deer
while eating next to the tent.  Branches fall, hikers get tired, muscles jump.......
Damn..now ya got me into this..HA!!!!

Sorry if Brawny's upset......I hadn't noted your/her input i the BPL stuff cause I quit the
thread quickly.  But my statement wasn't aimed at her and I'm sorry you felt it was
and that you felt the need to defend her here.