[at-l] for all you closet John Denver fans...Re: An Evening with...

I was so excited to to get this, that I cemented the date into my little
brain as 03/22. Wooo-Hooo! No waiting now!
"An Evening With..." is to John Denver as "...Luther College" is to Dave
Matthews. I could give no higher recommendation. But I'd refused to buy it
previously because it lacked "Boy from the Country" and "Today" from the
original vinyl. Woo-Hooo!!! {check below}

Alright, back to your regularly scheduled programming.... But to make this
trail-related, I not only *grew*into* backpacking and the Appalachian
Trail with this album, but have raised my boys to hike with it, too. Yes,
the same boys who hike/sing Dave Matthews (which now makes this
Nancies-related, huh...)

Go get JD and enjoy!!!

--- monadnockdee@juno.com wrote:
> In an effort to keep you informed, RCA would like to make
> fans aware of upcoming releases. "An Evening With John Denver"
> will be available in stores on 3/20/01.  "An Evening With John
> Denver" is a live concert recorded in Los Angeles in 1974. RCA
> Records is taking the existing one record and upgrading it to
> a 2-cd Deluxe set with bonus tracks (2 from the original
> vinyl) not on the existing cd and 6 previously unreleased
> performances from a Red Rocks concert in Colorado in 1973.
> The cd has been digitally remastered and contains over 100
> minutes of flawless performances. The 2 bonus tracks from
> original vinyl are "Boy From the Country" and "Today."
>     The 6 previously unreleased performances from the Red
> Rocks concert are "Intro/Saturday Night in Toledo, Ohio",
> "Follow Me/Leaving On A Jet Plane", "The City of New Orleans",
> "Zachary & Jennifer/For Baby (For Bobbie)", "I'd Rather Be A
> Cowboy" and "Amsterdam."
>
> Complete Track Listing:
> Disc 1:
>   1. The Music Is You
>   2. Farewell Andromeda
>   3. Mother Nature's Son
>   4. Summer
>   5. Today
>   6. Saturday Night in Toledo, Ohio
>   7. Matthew
>   8. Rocky Mountain Suite
>   9. Sweet Surrender
>   10. Grandma's Feather Bed
>   11. Annie's Song
>   12. The Eagle and the Hawk
>   13. My Sweet Lady
>   14. Annie's Other Song
>   15. Boy From the Country
>   16. Rhymes and Reasons
>   17. Forest Lawn
> Disc 2:
>   1. Pickin' the Sun Down (instrumental)
>   2. Thank God I'm A Country Boy
>   3. Take Me Home, Country Roads
>   4. Poems, Prayers and Promises
>   5. Rocky Mountain High
>   6. This Old Guitar
>   (From the Red Rocks Concert:)
>   7. Intro/Saturday Night in Toledo, Ohio
>   8. Follow Me/Leaving On A Jet Plane
>   9. The City of New Orleans
>   10. Zachary and Jennifer/For Baby (For Bobbie)
>   11. I'd Rather Be A Cowboy
>   12. Amsterdam

=====
There is little use for the being whose tepid soul knows nothing of the great and generous emotions of the high pride, the stern belief, the lofty enthusiasm, of the men who quell the storm and ride the thunder.

T.Roosevelt 4/23/10